DONCASTER NEEDS YOUR VOTE!
We are proud to be part of the business community in Doncaster and we are now calling on our customers and colleagues from across the UK to give Doncaster your vote – to become the new HQ of Great British Railway!
On 5th July it was announced that we had made the shortlist along with five other towns and cities from across the UK however, Doncaster deserves it more than anyone and this is why!
· It has an amazingly strong rail heritage which is still present in the town today
· It was home to the Mallard and The Flying Scotsman, two of the greatest trains ever built
· It has an amazing business and education portfolio that can really deliver
· It’s the most central location – Doncaster really is the centre of the universe!
· The townsfolk really want it to happen
Mark Pepper, CEO, Carlton Forest Group, and board member at Doncaster Chamber of Commerce commented; “I honestly believe that Doncaster is the best location for the future of Great British Railways and that it would be a sensible choice.
“We now ask that our customers and colleagues, connections on social media and friends and family, follow the link below and vote for Doncaster so that we can make this happen!
“It’s all down to a public vote now, so it’s time to spread the word and get behind Doncaster and everyone who lives and works in the city.”
Votes close on 15th August 2022